Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fruit Filled Candy Vodka

I believe that fruit filled candy, and probably one of the most common candies out there. I remember having a supply of them when going over to grandma's house, and I'm pretty sure you did too. They were always wrapped in a piece of plastic with an image of what flavour they were inside. I thought that they would have a fancier name, but it turns out that isn't the case at all. Wowzers.
Here is a whole bag I was able to procure. Still nothing too fancy about it.
I opened it up too quickly, and it kind of exploded. My bad.

I figured I would sort them by type, just to get a flavour distribution. Cherry was in the lead, followed by pineapple, lemon, orange, and finally strawberry.
I haven't done pineapple before, and figured there was no time like the present.
So I got them naked for a closer look. Sadly they're not ribbed like a pineapple, since that might be kind of interesting.
One aerial shot before we get down to business.
It's business time. Blackstone vodka was the vodka of choice for this run.
It took about three days to complete. It was easy to do, so there is points for that. I must admit I am not a real fan of pineapple. I normally throw them off of my pizza, if there is any one it. I have to say that this tasted pretty good. The sugary part of the candy dissolved, leaving little fruit-esc bits floating around in it. It was quite sweet, and it worked quite well with the whole drink. It combined with the quickness of dissolving the candy, make it a solid choice.

(Pineapple) Fruit Filled Candy Vodka: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...