Friday, February 24, 2012

Coke Bottle Vodka Gummies

Well I have a bit of a sweet tooth, which started this blog. I will also have to admit that my favourite pop of choice is Coca Cola, so when I saw these bottles in the store, I knew I had to get to work right away. Hopefully they would turn out better than the Watermelon gummies.
Clearly this is for fans of vodka and coke people. Would shot glasses lie to you?

My vodka of choice for today is Finlandia. First start by putting them all in the bottom about as level as you can.
Next up add vodka just until they are covered. Just drown them with as little vodka as possible, so they won't just begin to dissolve completely. Here we want to find the bodies. I went with a 24 hour bath, but I would more so recommend, if you only want the gummies, going with a 2 hour bath instead. I also wished to taste the flavoured alcohol that was left over.
Here is what it is like after 24 hours. They're quite sticky, and have no backbone at all.
I laid down all the bottles in lines so they could talk about their time in the pool. Now they could just relax and dry off.

Removing them from the cutting board after a few hours was a little tedious, but it removed their slimy texture. Right now they taste great! I locked up the rest of them for later consumption.
I was left with the vodka syrup, and I knew I had to put it to good use.
The gummies were giving me the look of approval, but I didn't give a damn. Get in my belly.
Bottoms up!
The shots were delicious, but I decided to leave the last four or so shots to be consumed with their father. A giant glass of Coke to wash it down. There was quite a bit of vodka in there, but the coke hid all of the taste. I could be perfect for those who want to get drunk without having to worry about the taste.

Coke Bottle Vodka Gummies: 4/5
Coke Bottle Vodka: 4/5

6 comments:

  1. Just drink the Vodka........bottoms up! <3, America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I just drank the vodka... Then there would be no need for this site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about soaking them in rum? Or whiskey? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soaking them in either of those should be a recipe for a good time. You may wish to sprinkle the alcoholic gummies with fine sugar (you take regular sugar and blend it to be fine). This will allow you to store them, without them sticking to one another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So did the gummies have much alcohol in them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would guess that they plumped up by about 30% in size, which I would attribute to the alcohol. I would also guess that about 10 gummies are equal to 1 shot of vodka.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...