Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lemon Head Vodka

A while back, I posted on Reddit asking what people would like to see done. Most of the things they suggested, I had already done. One suggested Lemon Heads, so I had to do my best to find them. I was able to find them at a party supplies store, and then it was on like Donkey Kong.
Five little Lemon Heads all in a row. As you can probably guess from the name, they're lemon flavoured. Did you know that most lemons are harvested when they're green, and then bleached yellow? They are sourer while green, so it's a trick to maximize their flavour potential.

Now they're all lined up in a bit of a pyramid.
I had never consumed a Lemon Head before, so I wanted to see what they were like. I assumed they were some sort of sour gum, but instead they're just sour all the way through.
Into the vat they go. Of course one was missing because I 'ated' it.
I used just enough vodka on the pile to maximize the flavour potential. This is about flavouring alcohol after all.
24 hours later, with no stirring, and it was done. I figured they would have taken a lot longer, like the Jawbreakers, but that was not the case. It seems it soft belly was ripe for the picking.
The shot was probably the best sour candy shot I've had. I think it is even better than Sour Puss. If you can find the Lemon Heads and want to give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

Lemon Head Vodka: 4/5

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. It's really helpful for deciding what extra candy I have lying around should be boozified. I had a bunch of lemonheads. Into some vodka they go. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. It's really helpful for deciding what extra candy I have lying around should be boozified. I had a bunch of lemonheads. Into some vodka they go. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...